Water: Fall Newsletter 2021
This fall’s newsletter is centered around all the ways land conservation supports the quality of our watersheds. In this issue, you’ll read about the Land Conservancy’s strategy for protecting West Michigan’s Big Forests & Wild Rivers, a project to daylight an underground stream at The Highlands, conservation easement owners who have protected important land along the shores of the Flat River, a new park along the Pere Marquette River that is now open to the public, a partnership with USFWS to create wetlands at The Highlands, and a volunteer whose frequent help at Second Saturday workdays has supported the Land Conservancy’s work in countless ways.
Read the stories:
- Letter from the Executive Director
- Focal Region Feature: Big Forests & Wild Rivers
- Return to Daylight
- The Perry Family protects vital land on the Flat River
- For the community, for good.
- Adaptive management and partnership at The Highlands
- Volunteer Spotlight: Karen Andrus
You can also read the newsletter in its entirety here.
Would you like to receive print copies of our newsletter in the future? We mail annual supporters our newsletters twice a year. Donate to the Land Conservancy of West Michigan today, and you’ll be subscribed!