Find a bow, snap a photo, win prizes!
This holiday season, busy elves from the Land Conservancy of West Michigan have hung a big red bow on one tree at a number of our nature preserves. If you find them, you could have a chance to win some cool prizes!
How to Enter
- Hike Explore a preserve and look for the tree with the bow between December 21, 2020 and January 17, 2021.
- Snap Take a selfie next to the decorated tree.
- Post Share the photograph to Instagram and tag @naturenearby*, or email the photo to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the species name of the tree the bow is affixed to in the caption to be entered twice!
*Note: Your Instagram profile must be public for us to see and count your entries!
Rules & Guidelines
- One photo submission per family per preserve
- Photo should clearly show bow with tag indicating preserve name
- Submissions will be accepted starting at 12:00 am on December 21 through 12:00 am on January 17.
Grand Prize: Weekend stay at a Lake Michigan cottage
The first person to find and submit photos of all 16 bows wins the grand prize of a weekend stay at a cottage on Lake Michigan, generously donated by Larry and Betsy Willey. Located in the Holland area, the cottage has 6 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and sleeps 12. Availability is limited to spring and fall weekends. Must be redeemed in 2021.
Second Prize: Guided hike for 4 with lunch
The first person to correctly identify the most trees will win a guided hike of one of the Land Conservancy’s nature preserves and lunch for 4, on us. Must be redeemed in 2021.
All photo submissions will be entered into a drawing for additional prizes. You do not need to visit all preserves to be eligible for the drawing!
You could win:
Where to Look
There are bows on trees at each of the following preserves. Happy hunting!
Thank you to our prize donors!