Join us at Brower Lake Nature Preserve to help us out with building and maintaining the trail. Tools, water, and snacks will be provided. Please register to attend!
About Second Saturday Events
The Land Conservancy’s 16 nature preserves contain an incredible diversity of natural features including prairies, forests, and wetlands that are great places to explore. However, invasive species and altered natural processes threaten to degrade the ecological quality of many of our preserves. Active management is often needed to ensure the long-term sustainability of these wonderful natural areas, and we need your help. Fortunately, through our Second Saturdays event series, there are now plenty of opportunities to get involved.
From 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. on the second Saturday of every month, the Land Conservancy will host a volunteer event that focuses on ecological restoration activities including invasive species removal, seed collecting, and native plant installation. Volunteers may also be involved with trail maintenance, general clean-up, or other tasks that help visitors better enjoy our magnificent natural areas.
Tools, water, and snacks will be provided.
Please review our COVID-19 volunteer protocols:
- Volunteers may not participate if they feel sick or if they have been recently exposed to anyone experiencing symptoms consistent with COVID-19.
- 6-foot social distancing must be maintained at all times.
- Disinfecting wipes and hand sanitizer will be provided to clean hands and any shared surfaces (e.g., pens for sign-up).
- Mask use is required. Disposable masks will be provided.
- Volunteers must supply their own work gloves.
- Snacks and water will be individually packaged. Volunteers are encouraged to bring their own water to limit the use of bottled water.
- Tools will be sanitized prior to the workday. Volunteers will be assigned a tool (or tools) at the beginning of the workday and will use only their tool(s) throughout the event.
For the most up-to-date recommendations for your personal safety, please refer to the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services and/or your county health department.