The prairie at Saul Lake Bog owes its existence to the hard work of volunteers over many years. The prairie restoration project is one of the largest and longest running in the state and throughout the fall, volunteers and staff will be picking seeds to expand the prairie.
On Black Friday, while others are fighting the crowds and the chaos of busy stores, we offer the chance to get outside and be a part of a project that will last for generations by helping to spread seed.
Tools, water and snacks will be provided.
Please review our COVID-19 volunteer protocols:
- Volunteers may not participate if they feel sick or if they have been recently exposed to anyone experiencing symptoms consistent with COVID-19.
- 6-foot social distancing must be maintained at all times.
- Disinfecting wipes and hand sanitizer will be provided to clean hands and any shared surfaces (e.g., pens for sign-up).
- Masks will be provided for those who wish to wear them. Mask use is strongly encouraged, but optional.
- Volunteers must supply their own work gloves.
- Snacks and water will be individually packaged. Volunteers are encouraged to bring their own water to limit the use of bottled water.
- Tools will be sanitized prior to the workday. Volunteers will be assigned a tool (or tools) at the beginning of the workday and will use only their tool(s) throughout the event.